[mythtv] [problems to build mythtv on suse 10.1 amd64]

Martin Møller martin at martinm-76.dk
Sun Jul 2 13:29:46 UTC 2006

Søndag 02 juli 2006 14:13 skrev jam at tigger.ws:
> On Sunday 02 July 2006 20:00, mythtv-dev-request at mythtv.org wrote:
> > > Would it be possible to do this automatically on 64-bit builds,
> > > assuming it's not gcc 4.1 specific? If it is a gcc 4.1/64-bit issue,
> > > could this be detected and fixed?
> >
> > I can build and run mythtv with dvb and ivtv on amd64 gentoo just fine.
> > I'm using gcc4.1.1 too. So your problems are more likely caused by SuSe
> > than MythTV.
>
> On SuSE 10.1 AMD64 I build mythtv with:
> configure --enable-dvb --enable-proc-opt
> make
> make install
>
> The ONLY thing: start with a fresh source, do not build, fail, fixit, build
> etc. It fail with wierd errors when you do that (configure, make clean etc
> notwithstanding)
Good to know. I'm not quite sure what the problem is/was. There may not be one
on 64-bit anymore (I apparently had a bad video4linux snapshot and the latest
one fixed my problems with recording), but I didn't get anywhere on my 32-bit
systems before I did this. It always bailed at mythsocket.cpp.

It *may* be a lack of memory during compile. I didn't expect the error message
that thoroughly. However, I have 1 GB og RAM and 2 GB og swap so I think I
should be covered...?!

Oh well. Is there a noticible difference with --enable-proc-opt as opposed to
just plain ./configure? Will the recorders take less CPU?

/Martin.