[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] Ticket #1945: DVB-S/diseqc patch

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Jul 2 14:25:32 UTC 2006


On Sun, 2006-07-02 at 13:43 +0000, MythTV wrote:
> #1945: DVB-S/diseqc patch
> --------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
>  Reporter:  yeasah at schwide.net  |        Owner:  danielk
>      Type:  enhancement         |       Status:  new    
>  Priority:  minor               |    Milestone:  0.20   
> Component:  mythtv              |      Version:  head   
>  Severity:  medium              |   Resolution:         
> --------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
> Comment (by yeasah at schwide.net):

>  Anyway -- I wouldn't mind tracking down the new problems, but I would need
>  to see the functional changes as a separate changeset from the non-
>  functional changes, so that I can actually see something useful in terms
>  of what is different from my original code.

I believe the only serious functional changes was use of the
dbcheck DB upgrade system and replacement of int with unsigned
int where the type used in the rest of MythTV is an unsigned,
everything else is a coding standards fix or adding error
checking code where it was absolutely essential (like after
DB queries). I have not yet reviewed the configuration UI code,
so it may require changes.

Normally I would have made you fix all the problems, but you
misunderstood when I asked for smaller patch-sets. I wanted
patches that were functional on their own, that each addressed
one problem, not one patch split into several patch files.
Since this was something I consider important for MythTV and
there have been several failed attempts before at fixing DiSEqC,
I spent a few days of my spare time fixing the patch file by
file. It still needs several more passes before it would be
acceptable for SVN head just from a coding standards point of view.

I have not even attempted to run this code, this is just 3-4
passes of fixing obvious mistakes with respect to MythTV coding
standards and conformity with the rest of the code, and adding
error checking where system libraries are likely to return errors.
There may have also been some thread safety fixes, but I know
the code is not really thread safe yet.

One way for you go about this is to start with your patch and 
apply the fixes in the branch to your code one by one. Testing
along the way. When anything breaks try to fix it or go back
to the previous version and start applying other fixes. Repeat
this process until you have something that looks like the code
in SVN but doesn't have any of the problems the code in SVN has.
Then just send me a patch with the differences. I'll apply any
bits that are ok, and either fix other problems another way or
punt them back to you with an explanation.

-- Daniel



More information about the mythtv-dev mailing list