[mythtv] Database upgrade fails

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Jul 4 15:31:41 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-04 at 11:05 -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-07-04 at 12:27 +0200, Bernhard Czech wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > after updating to a new revision yesterday,  the startup of mythbackend fails.
> > My MySQL Version is 4.0.24.
> >
> > Am I supposed to change my MySQL to the latest version? Or do we keep
> > backwards compatibility?
>
> Sorry, I didn't realize subqueries weren't supported until MySQL 4.1.
>
> I'll fix this after my morning coffee.

I changed the SQL to use hard coded group id's. The only people who
might have problems with this are those that applied any of recorder
patches (for CRC IP, HDHomeRun and Freebox recorders). But that problem
should be minimal since all these recorders define the same set of
profiles (unless like me you deleted and re-added any of the profile
groups, only a few developers are likely to be affected by that
problem.)

-- Daniel