[mythtv] Channel sorting problems...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jul 6 23:18:39 UTC 2006

On 07/06/2006 06:57 PM, Robin Gilks wrote:
> Much improved on [10406] but I still have an issue!
>
> On the guide, I'm missing channels that have duplicate names on two sources.
>
> I have 6 terrestrial channels (standard VHF/UHF PAL) which also appear on
> my sat box. They are configured with the same name but unique channel
> numbers (the terrestrial ones are prefixed by '99'). The sat channel
> numbers that correspond to the terrestrial channels are missing. I've yet
> to check if I can still select them or browse them in LiveTV mode (vnc
> fails in LiveTV mode!!). Do I now require unique channel names?

Do they also have duplicate callsigns?  If so, you're getting the
desired behavior.  You've told Myth they're the same channel, so it
doesn't show both and it can record--even a channel record--from
either.  If you want to see both, you need to specify different
callsigns, but if you do any channel record rules, it will only use the
channel from the source specified.

Mike