[mythtv] Channel sorting problems...

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Jul 6 23:35:20 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 19:18 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 07/06/2006 06:57 PM, Robin Gilks wrote:

> Do they also have duplicate callsigns?  If so, you're getting the
> desired behavior.  You've told Myth they're the same channel, so it
> doesn't show both and it can record--even a channel record--from
> either.  If you want to see both, you need to specify different
> callsigns, but if you do any channel record rules, it will only use the
> channel from the source specified.

What is the general opinion on how channels with the same callsign
should be treated in the program guide?

If you are scheduling recordings, the scheduler doesn't care which
station you pick. It only cares about the callsign and input/card
preference. But if you are in LiveTV and pull up the EPG, it will
switch cards if you pick one not on your current card.

So the EPG in LiveTV should probably show both, while the only
argument for doing that with the scheduling program guide is for
consistency with the LiveTV EPG.

I'm leaning toward restoring the old behavior for both where channum
and callsign are needed to match for the EPG not to show the duplicate.

But I just want to solicit other opinions first.

-- Daniel