[mythtv] Channel sorting problems...

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Fri Jul 7 09:31:26 UTC 2006

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> What is the general opinion on how channels with the same callsign
> should be treated in the program guide?

in europe, the concept of callsign is pretty alien
the BBC had a callsign before the second world war
but that was a long time ago

here we have channels where there is no defined ordering, although in
the UK there is an implied one: BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Channel4, five
but in ireland it is a matter of personal preference where you put RTE1,
RTE2, TV3 and TG4, either before of after the UK channels on your TV

the other factor is how they are received, but maybe that is just the
way i've set things up
i get BBC1 three different ways (used to be 4, but i got rid of my
analogue cable recently)
i use different channel numbers for them (143, 51 and 6331 and used to
have it at 1 before)
should they all be the same number? they all have different qualities

regards
--
simon