[mythtv] H264 BBC HD trials ffmpeg compile options

tim tim at wheresrover.co.uk
Fri Jul 7 14:03:11 UTC 2006

I found this on the mplayer list how would I do something similar in the myth ffmpeg port?
I want to see if I can get a better frame rate from the transmission.

Regards

Tim

BBC H264 transmissions
 2006-06-05 21:44:00
Hello,
On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 10:54:00PM +0200, Koef wrote:
> It is a 1440x1088 H264 clip with approx. 20 Mbit/sec bitrate. If you want to
> try it, it is at http://www.giusberto.ch/hdtv/BBC_H264_test6.ts.

Audio definitly isn't a troubles, it's simple mp3.
-lavdopts skiploopfilter=all helps a lot for speed, at the expense of
quality of course. With -vo null that seems to be enough to make it play
in realtime on my Athlon64 3200+ - unfortunately -vo xv needs another
10 - 15% CPU.
So yes, looks like you're really out of luck - unless someone does some
heavy optimizing to ffmpegs H264 codec.

Greetings,
Reimar D÷ffinger