[mythtv] EIT sparadically broken in trunk

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Sun Jul 9 13:15:17 UTC 2006

(replying to a mail almost a month old)

mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
> I've further narrowed it down. It seems (for me anyway) that
> the active scanner works as expected. However, the passive
> scanner many times fails to pickup PID 0x12 when there's more than
> now/next available.
>
> - Mark.
>

> On 6/15/06, Torbjörn Jansson
> <torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se> wrote:
>
> 	> One of my providers has 2day EIT available on one transport.
> 	> MythTV used to scan EIT for this provider just fine, however,
> 	> something seems to have changed in the EIT code which breaks
> 	> it. Some times I'm able to get EIT, however the logs show 	>
many
> 	of the following: >
> 	> 2006-06-14 18:58:35.174 DVBRec(0): Unknown PID 0x12
> 	> 2006-06-14 18:58:35.174 DVBRec(0): Unknown PID 0x12 	>
> 	> Normal now+next works for all other channels on other
> 	> transports for this provider. I can provide any dvbsnoop
> 	> output requested. Could this be a table parsing problem which
> 	> causes Myth to thing 0x12 isn't available? I've tested 10060
> 	> & 10187 and both show the problem sparadically (more
> often than not).
>
> 	I'm having similar problems with eit.
> 	Now/next works but i'm not getting the 2-3 day guide
> data as before.
> 	I don't know if this is a myth thing or some change my
> cable provider did or
> 	maybe a combination.
>
> 	I know the guide data is being transmitted because the
> guide on my dreambox
> 	works just fine.
>
> 	I'm not seeing the unknows pid things in my backend log.
> 	I haven't tried the eit branch, is this kind of stuff
> likley to have been
> 	fixed in that branch? If so, is it possibel to test
> that branch and then go
> 	back to trunk if things don't work any better?
>
> 	Or maybe it will get merged soon so i should just wait a bit?

Mark, did you find out what's wrong with eit?
I'm still seeing only now/next data.

Should i open a ticket for this?

I can provide logs, dvbsnoop dumps or other stuff if someone wants it.
This problem is with dvb-c (technotrend dvb-c v2.1 ff card)
I know 2-3 days of eit is sent since i have a cablebox (dreambox) that get
eit data just fine when i tune in to one channel.