[mythtv] A couple of questions about mythtv 0.19

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Mon Jul 10 21:43:49 UTC 2006

mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
> 4. Why do I get duplicate recordings? I thought it was
> designed to record one
> showing of a program. Yet things like Dr Who, which is
> repeated, when set to
> record any time any channel gets EVERY repeated episode. Same
> for channels
> like ABC, Sky3 etc which may repeat the same thing 3 times in
> a single day. I
> get all 3 runs of it.

I've been wondering this too.
I have a search recording or whatever it's called, the one where you can
type in a custom sql WHERE expression.
The recording rule is set to search for a few words in the description and
it is set to match dupes on subtitle and description.

But it still records the same episode several times even when it has
identical subtitle (usualy empty) and identical descriptions.