[mythtv] Per Channel post processing setting?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jul 11 14:31:04 UTC 2006

On 07/11/2006 03:07 AM, Wim Fokkens wrote:

> I read on this mailing list there was a discussion about per channel
> deinterlace settings. Daniel seemed to be working on this. I searched
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/ for this tread but could
> not find it. But my question is: is it also possible to get per
> channel post processing settings. (denoising, deblocking ect.).

Just guessing, but perhaps the thread you're remember was Daniel's work
to add per-card picture controls (i.e. Hue, Contrast, Brightness) to the
recorder (per-channel picture controls have "always" been available for
playback). (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/204749#204749 )

Deinterlacing is now done "per-frame" automatically (assuming
deinterlacing is enabled) as a single recording may change from
interlaced to non-interlaced many times throughout the recording. (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/188592#188592 )

TTBOMK, there is no "per channel post processing" setting.  Probably the
closest we'll see is a playback group setting for these post-processing
options.

Mike