[mythtv] Per Channel post processing setting?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jul 11 19:49:15 UTC 2006

On 07/11/06 15:22, Wim Fokkens wrote:

>Namens Michael T. Dean
>
>>On 07/11/2006 03:07 AM, Wim Fokkens wrote:
>>

>>>is it also possible to get per
>>>channel post processing settings. (denoising, deblocking ect.).
>>>
>>Probably the closest we'll see is a playback group setting for these post
>>processing options.
>>

>For DVB user this will not be a very logical, because the Bitrate and
>quality off the transmission is set by the cable or satellite company, not
>trough my recording settings. So depending on the Bitrate and quality of the
>channel I will need more or less post processing.

Actually, that (DVB and/or MPEG-2 encoder recordings) would be the
perfect case for this solution.  You could set your playback filters in
a playback group, then when you set your recording rule, you set the
appropriate playback group for the recording.  If you have a recording
that could occur on more than one channel (where the different channels
require different filters), you could use multiple per-channel recording
rules for the show...

Really, the only time this solution wouldn't work is for those users who
use software encoders and want to do per-channel filters during recording.

Mike