[mythtv] Getting started with real-time commercial detection

Robert S. Grimes rsg at alum.mit.edu
Sat Jul 15 19:37:14 UTC 2006

> One question why you are doing
> this. I assume it is because it is live tv and you can't really skip the
> commercials because you would eventually catch up the the end of
> the buffer?

Exactly!  Many, many times I end up watching and catching up, at which point
the noise of the ads is the real irritant.  The problem for me is really the
nightly news; it doesn't make much sense, IMO, to record that and watch it
days later, as it's no longer as topical...

Plus, of course, I want to show that I can...