[mythtv] Customizing Country Lists in Mythtv

En Ming Teo mr_teo_en_ming at yahoo.com.sg
Sun Jul 16 14:03:59 UTC 2006

Hi all,

 I tried to modify/edit frequencies.c in the source tarball version 0.19 to accomodate Singapore tv channels, as follows:

 #include <stdlib.h>
 #include <sys/time.h>
 #include <pthread.h>

 #include "frequencies.h"

 /* --------------------------------------------------------------------- */

 /* Singapore broadcast */

 static struct CHANLIST pal_bg_sg[]      { "1",      175250 },
     { "2",      196250 },
     { "3",      224250 },
     { "4",      487250 },
     { "5",      495250 },
     { "6",      543250 },
     { "7",      743250 },
 };

 struct CHANLISTS chanlists[]
     { "singapore",        pal_bg_sg,         CHAN_COUNT(pal_bg_sg)         },
     { NULL, NULL, 0 } /* EOF */
 };

 Yes, I greatly reduced the entries in frequencies.c

 However, after compilation, mythtv-setup still showed the same countries as as before and singapore does not show up in mythtv-setup. What's wrong? Is frequencies.c not used in the compilation?

 I am out of ideas. Please help.

My machine is SuSE Linux 10.1 x86-64. My video4linux2 is setup correctly and I can watch TV with sound using KDETV. But I need TV recording capability so I want to use MythTV.

It seems weird that I whatever I did to frequencies.c, there is no effect after compiling!

 Thank you.