[mythtv] Customizing Country Lists in Mythtv

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jul 16 18:00:03 UTC 2006

On 07/16/2006 10:38 AM, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-07-16 at 22:03 +0800, En Ming Teo wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I tried to modify/edit frequencies.c in the source tarball version
>> 0.19 to accomodate Singapore tv channels, as follows:
>>
>> struct CHANLISTS chanlists[] = {

>> { "singapore", pal_bg_sg, CHAN_COUNT(pal_bg_sg) },
>> { NULL, NULL, 0 } /* EOF */
>> };
>>
>> However, after compilation, mythtv-setup still showed the same
>> countries as as before and singapore does not show up in mythtv-setup.
>> What's wrong? Is frequencies.c not used in the compilation?
>>
> I don't know about 0.19-fixes but this should work in SVN head.
> Maybe you installed the new libraries in a different place than
> the original? Say /usr/local/lib rather than /usr/lib ?
>
> In programs/mythtv-setup/backendsettings.cpp we use the chanlists
> array to fill the combobox.
>
> BTW we would be interested in a patch against SVN head that adds
> singapore's frequency list.

Yeah.  Daniel committed the fix that uses the chanlists array for
populating comboboxes to SVN trunk in [9684].  He also backported it to
0.19-fixes in [9685].

In 0.19 and 0.19-fixes prior to r9685, there were two locations besides
the chanlists array that you needed to update to add a new frequency
table.  For code examples, see the patch on #610 (
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/610 )--which updates one of the two
locations--and the first patch on #1653 (
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1653 )--where I found out I had only
updated one of the two locations for integrating the frequency table
into the UI.  However, I would recommend at least updating to 0.19-fixes
r9685 or better instead of doing it the old way.

Since I got burned by not noticing the second place to update, I made a
patch to use the chanlists array for analog and Daniel extended it to do
the same for digital.  So, it's much easier to add new frequency tables
in relatively current MythTV code.

And here I was the guy saying, "Although I had convinced myself that
doing so was a waste of time because of the near-zero chance of adding a
new analog frequency table in the future ... I made [a patch] which
changes the comboboxes in videosource.cpp and backendsettings.cpp to
pull their options from chanlists" (
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1653#comment:1 ).  I'm glad to see
there is another new one to add.  :)

Oh, and if you make a patch for SVN head, remember to submit it for
inclusion ( http://svn.mythtv.org/ ).  ;)

HTH.

Mike