[mythtv] Customizing Country Lists in Mythtv

En Ming Teo mr_teo_en_ming at yahoo.com.sg
Mon Jul 17 02:10:16 UTC 2006

Hi,

The mythbackend startup script that came bundled with the mythtv source tarball requires a lot of editing to make it work on my SuSE linux 10.1 x86-64. Hence I used the backend startup script from the RPM package mythtv-backend-****.rpm available from packman.links2linux.org. I did a slight modification to the script and now it worked on my box.

I have attached the script which will work on SuSE linux 10.1.

Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote: On Sun, 2006-07-16 at 22:03 +0800, En Ming Teo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to modify/edit frequencies.c in the source tarball version
> 0.19 to accomodate Singapore tv channels, as follows:

> struct CHANLISTS chanlists[] ...
> { "singapore", pal_bg_sg, CHAN_COUNT(pal_bg_sg) },
> { NULL, NULL, 0 } /* EOF */
> };

> However, after compilation, mythtv-setup still showed the same
> countries as as before and singapore does not show up in mythtv-setup.
> What's wrong? Is frequencies.c not used in the compilation?
I don't know about 0.19-fixes but this should work in SVN head.
Maybe you installed the new libraries in a different place than
the original? Say /usr/local/lib rather than /usr/lib ?

In programs/mythtv-setup/backendsettings.cpp we use the chanlists
array to fill the combobox.

BTW we would be interested in a patch against SVN head that adds
singapore's frequency list.

-- Daniel