[mythtv] mythtv-plugins source tarball compile and sound problem

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jul 18 17:23:05 UTC 2006

On 07/18/2006 09:37 AM, En Ming Teo wrote:

>Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 20:57 +0800, En Ming Teo wrote:
>>
>>>I just tried mythplugins ver 10585 from svn. Compile failed again.
>>>Sigh...
>>
>>Did you install mythtv from SVN before you attempted the compile?
>
>Sorry again. The mythplugins which failed compile is from trunk. i tried mythplugins from 0.19-fixes and it worked.
>
>My mythtv main program is from 0.19-official, and not from trunk or 0.19-fixes.
>
>Thank you for your assistance. I have installed all mythtv main program, plugins and themes.

He was asking you if you had installed mythtv from trunk /before/
compiling mythtv-plugins from trunk.  The proper order is to: 1) compile
mythtv, 2) install mythtv, 3) compile mythtv-plugins, 4) install
mythtv-plugins, 5) compile mythtv-themes (if desired), 6) install
mythtv-themes (if desired).

Compiling mythtv-plugins from 0.19-fixes against the mythtv libraries
from 0.19 would likely "succeed"; whereas compiling mythtv-plugins from
SVN trunk against the mythtv libraries from 0.19 would definitely fail.
Note, however, that whether the 0.19-fixes plugins compiled against 0.19
libraries actually work properly after the compile succeeds is a whole
other question.

Mike