[mythtv] Building 0.20svn on MacOS x86? Change reverted

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 18:01:58 UTC 2006

I just tried to build 0.20 svn, after seeing that the patch to fix the
menus was committed (menus failed for me in previous builds, and work
great now).

Everything looked good until I tried to play a video, where I got a
crash in the YUV4200to2VUY
function.   This same crash happened way back in early attempts to
build on x86, so I looked back at that change and it appears that the
fix that was previously committed to 0.20 svn has been reverted.  So,
now the conversion routine is set to NULL when altivec is not
available.   The change before defaulted to a non altivec routine.  (
shown here: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Myth_on_Mac_x86 )

I'm not sure if this is related to ticket 1572, or some other
problem..  I couldn't find an answer in the commits ML.    Is there
some reason it was removed, am I overlooking something, or is this an
error?