[mythtv] mythtv commit: r10570 by bjm

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Tue Jul 18 19:36:42 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 05:33:14PM -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:
> mysql> select programid,showtype,partnumber from program where programid like "SH%" and partnumber > 1 order by programid;
> +--------------+----------+------------+
> | programid    | showtype | partnumber |
> +--------------+----------+------------+
> | SH1367680000 | Special  |          2 |
> +--------------+----------+------------+
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Let's look a little closer at this one.

mysql> select distinct programid,seriesid,showtype,partnumber,parttotal from program where partnumber > 0 and programid like '%0000' and  seriesid > '';
+--------------+----------+----------+------------+-----------+
| programid    | seriesid | showtype | partnumber | parttotal |
+--------------+----------+----------+------------+-----------+
| SH1367680000 | SH136768 | Special  |          1 |         2 |
| SH1367680000 | SH136768 | Special  |          2 |         2 |
+--------------+----------+----------+------------+-----------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

It looks to me like TMS botched this one.  There is a seriesid,
meaning there could be unique programids for the different episodes.
These particular episode end in '0000', meaning they should be
generics.  That can't be right, though, since they have part number
information which wouldn't be there for a true generic.

In these limited cases where partnumber > 0, seriesid <> '' and
programid like '%0000', I think there might be a case for, at least
optionally, munging the programids.  Then again, this might be a rare
enough case that it's not worth worring about.

Regardless, we should probably do a better job of indicating when
someghing is split into multiple parts.  I beleive the only place to
currently see that is on the details screen.  Perhaps we should add it
wherever desctiptions are shown.

On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 07:05:12PM -0600, John P Poet wrote:
> I asked David if he preferred putting code to solve this at the "Data
> Direct" level, or the scheduling level, and he said he preferred the
> "Data Direct" level....

IIRC, the original case you cited was similar to the one above.  I
believe I also said I would defer to Bruce on the matter.

David
--
David Engel
gigem at comcast.net