[mythtv] EITScanner caused playback issues (was Re: Relase of 0.20 planed...)

Lueddich at gmx.de Lueddich at gmx.de
Wed Jul 19 06:12:29 UTC 2006

It is a Pundit-R, P4 3GHz, 1GB Ram, 250GB HD, 1 Hauppauge Nova-T DVB-T-Card, 1 Skystar2-DVB-S-Card, KnoppMyth R5C7 installed, updated to svn 10446 and ALSA 1.0.12rc1.

This is the point: During playback it starts to stumble every few minutes, when the EIT-Scanner puts his data into the database. The sound is blown away from this moment, too. Because of this sound issue I tried to fix this using a newer alsa version, but without success :( In the frontend-log you can see a lot of audio buffer error messages then untill you press PAUSE or BACK. After that, it works again ... for the next few minutes...

Any idea? I'm not at my system now, so I can't post any logs. But if you want, I'm at home in about 10 hours...

-------- Original-Nachricht --------