[mythtv] EITScanner caused playback issues

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Wed Jul 19 18:42:18 UTC 2006

Janne Grunau <janne-mythtv at grunau.be> writes:

> On Tuesday 18 July 2006 23:14, Jan Kleinig wrote:
>> I have some problems with the EIT-Scanner at the moment, depending
>> stumbling tv- or recording-playback when the EIT-scanner inserts his
>> data into the database. Would it help me building mythtv-eit-branch?
>
> Currently not. there are no changes in the eit branch.
>
> Can you give us specifications of your backend/frontend computer.
>
> We should maybe decrease the Chunksize and increase the minimal
> reschedule time for the realease.

I submitted a patch for ticket #1660 that creates an asynchronus
database insertion thread. I used it to solve a similar problem with
database inserts hosing recording from ivtv. If you're just inserting
stuff for use later, it should solve your problem too.
--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571