[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r10651 by danielk

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Wed Jul 26 18:05:26 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 26 July 2006 17:43, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
>       Author: danielk
>         Date: 2006-07-26 15:43:22 +0000 (Wed, 26 Jul 2006)
> New Revision: 10651
>    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/10651
> Log:
>
> Fixes #2101. Allow EIT data to be collected when the section reader
> is in use by the DVB signal monitor.

My patch missed a break for case 0x1ffb. It has no effect though since
the default sets the same parameters.

> I'm not going to apply the other patch to use the section reader
> exclusively. The section reader code can not fully support both ATSC
> and DVB without being made significantly more complicated,

It can, just set filter and mask for all PIDs to 0x00. This is a kind of
silly except that it makes the transport stream table monitor obsolete.
Updated filters and mask attached.

> and does not support "tuned" DVB channel scanning.

I don't see that. Can you please explain?

> It also does not work with
> some of the DVB-S and DVB-C broadcasters which improperly label their
> NIT and SDT tables as "other NIT" and "other SDT" tables.

I forget these too often, fixed. But I suspect that DVBStreamData can't
handle only NIT_ or SDT_other.
PMTs on these PIDs also fixed but I'm afraid other ATSC can also be on
these low PIDs. If this is the case I should stop to change the filter
parameters.

> The section reader as written is a functionally limited fallback for
> problematic USB devices, extending it to be fully functional would
> need to be a 0.21 project.

Removing the transport stream table monitor should not happen before
0.20 release. But further improvements to the section reader should be
possible if they don't touch anythong other.

Janne