[mythtv] BBC HD h264 and transcode?

David Shirley tephra at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 01:40:30 UTC 2006

well in australia out 1080iHD gets sent at about 15Mbps (MPEG2)

when I use ffmpeg to transcode them to H264 on autosettings the avg
bitrate changes to about 5mbits. quality wise its about 90% there...

my point was 20Mbps is huge for H264, you could probably reencode that
to 10mbps and be able to play it back...