[mythtv] CRCIpNetworkRecorder questions

Mironov M.S. mikemiron at tochka.ru
Mon Jul 31 17:00:27 UTC 2006

Hi All!

My provider use multicast UDP MPEG2-TS streams. With
CRCIpNetworkRecorder I can receive this stream using URL like this
udp://239.255.0.97:5500?multicast=1

But I must use one card for one channel. It is not comfortably. With my
provider I can view only one channel at one time (bandwidth limit). So
for me best solution is use one "card" that can switch multicast streams.

I see 2 variants:
   1. Add support for individual URL for channels to CRCIpNetworkRecorder
(e.g. add CRCIpNetworkChannel class for support channel switching and
modify channel editor)
   2. Create new receiver based on CRCIpNetworkRecorder code

What is the best solution?