[mythtv] LCD bignum support

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Jun 6 10:07:33 UTC 2006

Robin Gilks wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I see that the 0.5.0 release of LCDproc has support for bignum (double
> height) numbers on several display types now (those with 2 or more lines
> at least), so I've been looking at making use of it to make the time
> display visible across the room.
>
> Trouble is, I'm having difficulty working out when the display has
> something else on it as well as the time of day so that I can ask for a
> bignum display.
>
> Can anyone assist on this please?
>
> Cheers

Didn't 0.4 also have bignum support? I assume you are talking about
adding this to mythlcdserver? The time is sent to the lcd in
LCDProcClient::outputtime() the only time I can think of when there is
something else on the lcd when the time is displayed is when myth is
recording.

This is a quick list of things that need changing:-

o. add new BigTime screen - with a num widget
o. add new setting to switch bignum display on/off - not sure if all lcd
support it and maybe not everyone will want it
o. change outputtime() to use new BigTime screen when not recording

You can get really smart and on 4 line displays still show the big time
below the 'Recording Message' - would need to add another screen for that.

Let me know if you need more help.

Paul H.