[mythtv] uPnP Backend Support in Svn Head

David Blain MythTV at TheBlains.net
Tue Jun 6 15:02:06 UTC 2006

For those not monitoring the commit list -

*I would be interested if someone with an Xbox 360 could test
 to see if the music was accessible.  (I know that video through
 upnp is not enabled on the xbox).

--------------------
Initial uPnP Support.

** There is a lot of work left to get a totally compliant implementation **

uPnP Clients used for testing:

    D-Link DSM-520
    Denon AVR-4306 (music only)
    Intel uPnP-AV Test Tools.

Support includes:

    - Mini HTTP 1.1 server with large file support and streaming (limited
implementation)
    - SSDP Discovery Service
    - Content Directory Service (extendable)
    - Task Queue (timed based task execution)

    Recorded TV & Music (limited views) CDS implementations included

    All uPnP & other methods can be accessed via SOAP, Form POST or by REST
(query strings).

    I have added a handful of methods that return XML or content using the
http status port:

        /                     Same as getStatusHTML
        xml                   Same as getStatusXML

        getStatusHTML         Returns the original HTML Status Page

        *** All of the following return XML ***

        getStatusXML          Returns the current Status Data
        getProgramGuide       Returns a subset of the program listings
        getHosts              Returns a list of unique Hosts contained in
the Setting table.
        getKeys               Returns a list of unique Keys in the Setting
Table
        getSetting            Returns a Keys value
        putSetting            Sets a Keys Value
        getChannelIcon        Retrieves the channel Icon
        getRecorded           Retrieves a list of Recorded Programs
        getPreviewImage       Retrieves a recorded programs thumbnail image

        *** The following return content (used for uPnP playback ) ***

        getRecording          Retrieves a recorded video
        getMusic              Retrieves a Music Track

Missing uPnP components:

    Connection Manager Service
    Subscriptions & Events (GENA)