[mythtv] 'Test Harness' for MythTV recording devices

Andrew Kimpton awk at awkward.org
Wed Jun 7 03:06:33 UTC 2006

On May 26, 2006, at 5:23 PM, Isaac Richards wrote:

> While that means running the backend, you don't have to run the
> full frontend,
> either, you can just use the 'mythtv' test program, which starts in
> live-tv
> if you don't give it an file to play on the command line.

Is mythtv 'current' at all for Mac OS X ? Or is that really trying to
push too many things up hill at the same time ?

I've found that mythtv fails with a complaint about 'RingBuf:
(640x480) Could not open' ?? And there aren't really any messages on
the backend. Where as the front end progresses to the point where the
backend code aborts trying to decide what to do about creating a
NuppelVideoRecorder object (tv_rec.cpp). I've got quite a bit of the
setup and startup stuff etc working (you can choose and configure the
device in mythtv-setup and I think the Channel classes work too). So
this is perhaps the last (enormous) piece left ?

I can continue to test with the full frontend, it's not the end of
the world, but if mythtv not working indicates I've missed something
else in my code then perhaps I should be concerned ?

Thanks

> Isaac

Andrew 8-)