[mythtv] Hi, I'm a mythtv user...

Brian D. Moffet moffetb at cruzio.com
Thu Jun 8 23:02:09 UTC 2006

Good afternoon,

I thought I would just introduce myself and what I am doing with MythTV.

I've got an Epia MII 1Ghz machine, running Fedora Core 4, 512 Meg
memory, Plextor TV402 USB card, ATI Wireless remote, MythTV 0.19, wis
drivers 0.9.8.

I've got the system up and running using TWM so that when the machine
boots it automatically goes into an account which starts up the front
end.  I need to do some minor work to make it a nice
"appliance" (things like automatically turning off the screen saver,
etc..) but it works moderately well.  It's kept me from developing my
own PVR software, so thanks for that, I don't need yet another hobby.

This is all working fairly well, with one exception.  Somewhat
randomly, the USB port will disconnect, with the usual message "usb
1-2: USB disconnect, address 2".  Once that happens I get the "Only
read -1 bytes of 16384 bytes from '/dev/dsp1 (5)".  I'm currently
suspecting the USB chipset, and will investigate a bit more.

My background includes work as a Unix kernel engineer, XServer
engineer, and a bunch of other stuff.

Anyway, just introducing myself.

Brian Moffet