[mythtv] SoC 2006: Configuration Revamp Information

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Fri Jun 9 19:40:37 UTC 2006

On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 11:45:49 -0400, Justin M. Hunt wrote:
> I think that putting LCD inside appearance is a good idea(TM).  I think
> making a recording/playback subsection is also a good idea and cant
> beleive I didnt think of it. ;)
>
> So here we go:
> Setup
> --General
> --Database Settings
> ----Server
> ----Logging
> --Appearance
> ----GUI
> ----LCD
> --Audio
> --Guide
> --Recording/Playback
> ----View Recordings
> ----Recording Profiles
> ----Playback
> ----Captions
> ----Scheduling
> ----Commercial Detection
>
> I think this is better, as there will be less information on the screen at
> once and everything fits into these catagories.   Anyone else have any
> ideas or comments?

I don't know if it would work, but it might be a good idea to try and
split configuration relating to specific hardware setups out. eg. PVR350,
xbox and other special hardware seems to have options generally spread
around at the moment. May be nice to have a page for each kind of
hardware under a hardware section. Or it might make no sense at all.

Cheers,

Martin.