[mythtv] Getting started with real-time commercial detection

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jun 16 16:37:54 UTC 2006

On 06/16/2006 11:54 AM, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> I don't think that the flagger currently gets run on LiveTV
> recordings.  I have a note in my TODO to look into this but haven't had time
> lately.

Wow.  I would think that would get complex pretty quickly with the
JobQueueMaxSimultaneousJobs (and possibly having to pre-empt other
running jobs to allow for commflagging LiveTV--otherwise users wouldn't
understand why commflagging of LiveTV sometimes works and sometimes
doesn't) and multiple capture cards in a backend with multiple frontends
watching LiveTV and the possibility of JobsRunOnRecordHost, not to
mention JobQueueWindowStart and JobQueueWindowEnd.

And, if you generalize the job queue (as I think you've mentioned) so
that commflagging and transcoding and everything else is just one of a
growable list of "user jobs" that are run in a user-specified order,
people could do some really strange things to make for hard-to-predict
behaviors.

Anyway, just thinking out loud.

Mike