[mythtv] frontend ui screens not responding to user input on OS X

Andrew Kimpton awk at awkward.org
Tue Jun 20 00:42:05 UTC 2006

On Jun 18, 2006, at 4:30 AM, Geoffrey Kruse wrote:

> On Jun 18, 2006, at 3:49 PM, Nigel Pearson wrote:
>
>>> Is the QGLWidget/QWidget inheritance
>>> hack described in #1432 (works for me) the current state of the
>>> art for
>>> getting the ui to work for recent SVN mythfrontend on Mac OS X?
>>
>> 	Sadly, yes.
>>
>> 	I haven't yet been able to find out why it works
>> (or, rather, why QGLWidget doesn't work).
>>
>> --
>> Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|  "Let's see how Spike is
>> going"
>> Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia |              ...
>> Office: 9202 3900    Fax:  9261 3912 |"I'd like to keep Spike as my
>> pet."
>> Mobile: 0408 664435  Home: 9792 6998 |        Illyria - Angel
>>

> Can this workaround be committed to svn so we can have a useable mac
> build until a real permanent workaround can be found?  I am using
> months old svn -just- so I can use my Mac frontends.  I'm dying to
> try some of the new things added in the pas couple of months.

The problem with the 'fix' is that if you enable the OpenGL painter
in the myth options you'll probably get a crash or (at best) bad/poor
drawing. Worse is that I believe the current installation defaults
are for the OpenGL painter (it *is* preferable if it works).

Committing the 'fix' at this point will probably make things actually
worse.

I'd like to be able to find the time to tackle this however I have
two other more important tasks right now :

a) Moving house
b) Getting the Plextor USB TV402 to work with Myth on Mac OS X so
that there's a complete front and backend for 'analog' TV on Mac OS X.

I expect it'll be a couple of weeks before I have the time to look
into this more.
> Geoff

Andrew 8-)