[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r9199 by xris

Graeme Hilton graeme.hilton at fishter.org.uk
Thu Mar 2 12:15:38 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2 March, 2006 11:09 am, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jochen Kühner wrote:
>> i've changen the mp[3]act php music library to work within mythweb. now
>> i'm
>> trying to change the database style of mythmusic to be similar to the
>> one of
>> mp3act.
> When creating playlists you will be able to assign a "view" to it. This
> will allow your classical music collection to be viewed differently to
> your pop music collection for example.

This would be a killer feature for me.  The current album/artist or
artist/album type arrangment makes it difficult for me to navigate my
collection.  I've got about 50/50 albums and singles.  As a result I've
got hundreds of artists and hundreds of albums; listing by either isn't
very efficient to browse through.

> It will lead to very powerful organisation of your music, but obviously
> your work with mp3act may make me reconsider some of my plans. Do you
> think this is a one-off port and it wont be updated all that often, or
> do you foresee regular syncs form mp3act to mythweb/music? If you see it
> more as a one-off port I can hack with it a fair bit once you're done
> and it's commited (assuming xris likes it, which due to his previous
> comments, I'm sure he will ;) ), without too much fear worring about the
> complexity of subsequent merges :)

I looked at mp3act a while back, and from the authors comments it doesn't
look like there is going to be a huge amount of work carried out on mp3act
in the near future.

--
Graeme Hilton