[mythtv] Interesting Comparison

mythtv at zacglen.com.au mythtv at zacglen.com.au
Fri Mar 3 10:17:00 UTC 2006

>Are you saying you actually implemented OSD, XvMC acceleration,
>VIA XvMC acceleration, LiveTV (with pause, etc.)
>in... perl? Or is that in the normal feature set of a browser?

OSD is not a feature  of a browser.
But OSD is a feature of mplayer, for example.
Mplayer is existing software that can be reused.

XvMC is a feature of X11 - so I don't know what on
earth you are on about.

LiveTV is just playing back a recored video.
Nothing special at all. You can pause a recorded video
with the pause button on most players.

>I'm impressed if the answer to any of those questions is yes,
>though I don't think it is...?

Interesting questions.