[mythtv] Interesting Comparison

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Mar 3 18:59:05 UTC 2006

On 03/03/2006 12:20 PM, Aaron Howard wrote:
> Instead, his initial message to the list was (intended or not) full of
> bravado and a tone of superiority.
I just have to point this out, as it's something I find quite amusing...

mythtv [at] zacglen actually introduced himself to the Myth project in
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/185454#185454 with
an invalid ticket that he re-opened (and that had to be marked invalid
again) and once Chris took the discussion out of the bug database and
put it in the lists (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/185962#185962 where it
belongs), mythtv [at] zacglen continued to insult the main developers of
Myth until, realizing he was fighting a losing battle, he gave up.

As a matter of fact, he gave up saying that the problem with Myth is
that it's "reinventing the wheel."  Then he described his plan to,
basically, reinvent Myth...  (Yeah.  I can't figure that one out,
either...  Won't he be introducing generational errors in his wheel?)

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/186019#186019

(You have to scroll a bunch to see this part (the end) of the
message--he's using a broken e-mail client (doesn't wrap properly) and
there wasn't much trimming...).

Mike