[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r9254 - in trunk by ijr

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Fri Mar 3 20:07:33 UTC 2006

On Friday 03 March 2006 15:00, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 06:05 +0000, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
> >       Author: ijr
> >         Date: 2006-03-03 06:05:46 +0000 (Fri, 03 Mar 2006)
> > New Revision: 9254
> >
> > The menu is now drawn by mythui.  Random stuff might be broken.  This
> > will be slow (for now) for people without working hardware opengl accel.
> > Still compatible with existing themes, though that probably won't last
> > long.
> >
> > Details, other than the obvious:
> > - Hash strings in the opengl painter with their font style.
> > - Make jumppoints work with mythui windows.
> > - Added some more compatability code to mythui to handle the old UI
> > stuff. - The themedmenu class still needs to broken out more into
> > separate components.
>
> Hmm, it looks like I no longer get any text drawn anymore with
> this commit... No warnings in the logs either...
>
> glxgears works, and it looks like the background is drawn.
> The frontend appears to be running ok aside from the invisible
> menu items...
>
> Any ideas?

Nope.  What video card & driver version?  Text is being treated a bit weirdly
(as an alpha-only texture, with color), and there might be issues with that.

For now, go into libs/libmythui/mythmainwindow.cpp and flip the comments on
what painter it creates the painter (lines 227 and 228).  It'll be slow-ish,
though.

Isaac