[mythtv] New fade effect in front end not working well

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 23:24:43 UTC 2006

On 3/4/06, Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu> wrote:

<snip />

> Just note that it's going to be a bit slower than even the old code until I
> get a bit more time to work on things.  Right now it'll be redrawing the
> entire menu on any update, which isn't that good. =)

Just out of interest, if using the OpenGL painter, do the images have
to be re-scaled and precached? After all, the OpenGL engine is
designed to take textures of any size and re-scale them itself (Using
Bilinear/Trilinear/Antisotropic filtering)?

I realise the text would still be generated at native resolutions (As
it's done on-the-fly), but for the rest of the theme, why not let the
hardware handle the scaling (As it's meant to).

I wonder what performance is like with the new OGL painter and Mesa...
A possible alternative to the QT painter there maybe?
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston