[mythtv] mysql-related Question for a contrib-Script

Adam Egger mythtv2006 at bdam.de
Mon Mar 6 13:58:32 UTC 2006

On 3/6/06, Peter Kornhuld <Webmaaschter at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we wrote a skript for contrib (attached). It's aim is to merge the
> informations from Mythtv-Database to an file and adjusts the Database to
> point to the new file. The output is an Matroska-file. It works fine but has
> one last Problem.
>
> I'll make an example:
> If the title from IMDB/OFDB has chars like ü in Grasgeflüster an
> "SELECT title FROM videometadata WHERE filename LIKE '%Grasge%'"
> gives me: GrasgeflÃŒster
> So the script renames the File to GrasgeflÃŒster.mkv not to Grasgeflüster.mkv
> and the update of the Database to Point to the new File doesn't work.
>
> Long Story short:
> We search a way to do the mysql-query so that it results in Grasgeflüster not
> in GrasgeflÃŒster. (Or another way to solve this problem). Please give us a
> hint.
>
> We are absolutely no mysql-Guru and we did our best to find the solution
> ourself.. but we did'nt know where to look.

Exactly the same happens when I use the mythrename script to create
readable file names. It produces files with UTF8 characters (I of
course switched the mysql character encoding for mythconverg to
ISO8859). If noone knows how to solve it we can try to debug the
problem on IRC (#mythtv-de = german mythtv channel on freenode)).

Adam (beavis)