[mythtv] Interlaced vs. Progressive

David Asher david.asher at caviumnetworks.com
Tue Mar 7 19:47:40 UTC 2006

Ok, I've been reading between the lines a bit (no pun intended), rather
than guessing I'll ask straight out:

1. Why is the needrepaint only required for bobdeint and chromakeying?

2. when you said special case you mean only special case for deinterlace
enable/disable, right?  We'd still need the full repaint for
initialization, etc.?

3. I assume only the top and bottom require the repaint because of the
bob offset?

4. Why do you think a different Nvidia driver might help?  I'm using 7667...

5. I noticed in another thread you mentioned fixing XvMC for the later
Nvidia drivers.  In that thread you mentioned using the "new X11 overlay
stuff".  Should I look at starting that work?  Where would I look to
read about the new overlay stuff?

Sorry, I feel like I'm being dense here, but, well...  Sigh.

David.