[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r9285 - in trunk/mythtv by kkuphal

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Mar 7 20:28:58 UTC 2006

* On Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 01:33:40PM -0600, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Ideally this entire setup would respect and mirror the default viewing
> mode and current viewing mode of Watch Recordings and present the list
> in the same groupings and filters and allow application of both as
> needed.   I tend to change between recording groups a lot ("Our shows"
> vs. "My shows") so adding in extra steps to change recording groups
> wasn't something I really wanted right off the bat as I hadn't come up
> with a good UI for doing it.

This may require changes to playbackbox.cpp as well.  I'm not sure how
parts of the PlaybackBox are going to handle you coming back from a
recording that is not in the current list.

> I can certainly see the concerns for the LiveTV and password protected
> groups.  Perhaps as a start, we could simply mirror the LiveTV setting
> from the database in regards to filtering and skip password protected

This is probably going to be one of those cases where 50% of the people
want just the current recording group and 50% want all groups, and 50%
want all excluding LiveTv. :)

--
Chris