[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r9285 - in trunk/mythtv by kkuphal

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Tue Mar 7 20:43:20 UTC 2006

Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 01:33:40PM -0600, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>
>> Ideally this entire setup would respect and mirror the default viewing
>> mode and current viewing mode of Watch Recordings and present the list
>> in the same groupings and filters and allow application of both as
>> needed.   I tend to change between recording groups a lot ("Our shows"
>> vs. "My shows") so adding in extra steps to change recording groups
>> wasn't something I really wanted right off the bat as I hadn't come up
>> with a good UI for doing it.
>>

> This may require changes to playbackbox.cpp as well.  I'm not sure how
> parts of the PlaybackBox are going to handle you coming back from a
> recording that is not in the current list.

It always comes back to the spot that it left it seems.  You can see
this before this commit just jumping from your current recording to a
previous recording.  If you leave the player in the previous recording,
playbackbox still displays the current recording.  It actually handles
it quite well, even if you delete the recording on the way out.
>> I can certainly see the concerns for the LiveTV and password protected
>> groups.  Perhaps as a start, we could simply mirror the LiveTV setting
>> from the database in regards to filtering and skip password protected
>>

> This is probably going to be one of those cases where 50% of the people
> want just the current recording group and 50% want all groups, and 50%
> want all excluding LiveTv. :)

I'll think on the UI piece.  I'm sure something can work to cover at
least 120% of those people :)

Kevin