[mythtv] Slow keyboard annoyance

Ryan Duffy dusteur at excite.com
Wed Mar 1 15:13:49 UTC 2006

I have also seen this problem.
I'm mentioning this as I really don't think it is hardware related.
I'm using Opteron 144 and Matrox G550 on debian testing with 2.6.15 kernel.

I originally had the slow keyboard problem when 0.19 was released, but that has gone away now (I have been updating from svn release-0-19-fixes).

I also have the "keyboard bounce" problem. Originally (i.e. 0.19 release) it happened all the time, but now (i.e. current svn head for 0.19 fixes) mythfrontend works fine when I start it up, but suffers from the bounce problem after I have watched live TV, or recorded TV and then returned to the main menu screen. This happens whether I use my remote or the keyboard.
If I exit mythfrontend and restart, it works fine again until I have watched a TV program.

To clarify, on any menu (except those overlaid on live TV), every keyboard press is repeated as though the menu is responding to both "key down" and "key up" events, rather than just "key down". This makes it extremely difficult to navigate the menus.

This is a consistent problem which happens every time I use mythtv.

I used myth 0.17,0.18, 0.18.1, and 0.18.2 and never had this problem before 0.19.

I have not seen anything similar to this with any other application.

I'm afraid I can't offer to track down this bug (and it does look like its a bug somewhere in mythfrontend), and realise that there may not be anyone who has the inclination to help, but I'm mentioning that I have this problem because it is not just one ot two isolated users that are suffering. It is a very annoying problem too...