[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r9285 - in trunk/mythtv by kkuphal

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Wed Mar 8 06:17:19 UTC 2006

Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 01:33:40PM -0600, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>
>> Ideally this entire setup would respect and mirror the default viewing
>> mode and current viewing mode of Watch Recordings and present the list
>> in the same groupings and filters and allow application of both as
>> needed.   I tend to change between recording groups a lot ("Our shows"
>> vs. "My shows") so adding in extra steps to change recording groups
>> wasn't something I really wanted right off the bat as I hadn't come up
>> with a good UI for doing it.
>>

> This may require changes to playbackbox.cpp as well.  I'm not sure how
> parts of the PlaybackBox are going to handle you coming back from a
> recording that is not in the current list.
>

>> I can certainly see the concerns for the LiveTV and password protected
>> groups.  Perhaps as a start, we could simply mirror the LiveTV setting
>> from the database in regards to filtering and skip password protected
>>

> This is probably going to be one of those cases where 50% of the people
> want just the current recording group and 50% want all groups, and 50%
> want all excluding LiveTv. :)

I did some more thinking.  I'm envisioning this:

1.  If the user is in the All Programs recording group when starting
watching a recording, the Jump to Program menu displays as it is, with
the Recorded Program item showing all titles.  The assumption here is
that if you are using All Programs you're probably either not using
Recording Groups or don't care at this time.
2.  If the user is in a Recording Group, then the Jump to Program menu
displays two options: This Recording Group and All Recorded Programs.
This allows quick jumping between programs in the group as well as
access to all recordings.  This could also be extended to include a menu
item for each recording group specifically if that was desired.

Something still needs to be done about pin protected groups.  I'm still
mulling that over.  I may have some time to work on this tomorrow so
I'll see if this works nice.

Kevin