[mythtv] Storage Groups functionality

David Asher david.asher at caviumnetworks.com
Wed Mar 8 15:06:34 UTC 2006

I've been thinking about looking at making something to place MythVideo
videos into the database so that they can be played back from the Watch
Recordings screen.  Also it would be nice to have it create a seek table
for the videos when they get added.  I find when I use the Internal
player for MythVideos I tend to get poor seeking.

Any chance you could post your patch?

Is there any reason (other than historical) that MythVideo and Watch
Recordings are separate?  The other thing that would benefit from
merging the two would be the ability to stream the MythVideos instead of
having to NFS mount the directory.  I suppose the xine/mplayer support
wouldn't work too well with streaming.  Hmmm...  As the internal player
gets better and better, however, there are fewer reasons to use external
players.

David