[mythtv] What am I doing wrong?

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Mar 8 23:08:47 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>The log prints out lots of "prebuffering pause"s.
>>

> This is a better question for the -users list.  Please subscribe at
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users and send to that
> list.

Agree's with Michael overall, but would hint that it's probably due to
streaming Vs. NFS sharing.

Mythbackend can stream (via it's own protocol) the recording (and/or the
live TV which is really just another recording now anyway) to the
frontend, OR the frontend and backend can realise that the same file is
available via NFS and the frontend can open it directly. On my setup
(normal DVB), I get stutters like that when it streams but it works fine
when I use NFS. Just make sure the setup is the same on both ends and
that the location you have for recording Live TV streams is mounted
under the same path on the frontend (it shouldn't really be an issue if
your f/e and b/e are on the same machine obviously!).

Hope that helps.

Col