[mythtv] backend deleted new recording "for no reason"

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 04:46:17 UTC 2006

On 3/8/06, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
> * On Wed Mar 08, 2006 at 10:33:26PM -0500, Steven Adeff wrote:
> > I searched through the backend log and found the area where
> > mythbackend looks to have deleted it, but I can't find any reasoning
> > for it, here's the area of the log that shows it. I can provide the
> > whole log if more is needed....
>
> Something told the backend to delete the recording, but your logs don't
> show what.  The delete starts at 22:00:44.580, that query is the
> result of the call to ProgramInfo::GetProgramFromRecorded() on line 1267
> inside MainServer::DoDeleteThread() in the backend code.  Is there
> anything else above these log entries that might be related?

I couldn't find anything, the log entries relating to that recording I
found were relating to the recording of the episode. I have the log
saved, so I could attach the whole thing, but I run with -v all so its
big...

> > 2006-03-08 22:00:43.196 Scheduled 306 items in 1.2 = 0.00 match + 1.20 place
> > 2006-03-08 22:00:43.197 write -> 15 45
> > BACKEND_MESSAGE[]:[]SCHEDULE_CHANGE[]:[]empty
> > 2006-03-08 22:00:43.200 write -> 17 45
> > BACKEND_MESSAGE[]:[]SCHEDULE_CHANGE[]:[]empty
> > 2006-03-08 22:00:44.580 MSqlQuery: SELECT
> > recorded.chanid,starttime,endtime,title,
> > subtitle,description,channel.channum,
> > channel.callsign,channel.name,channel.commfree,
> > channel.outputfilters,seriesid,programid,filesize,
>
> What is the maxepisodes on the schedule recording set to?  Since the
> recording was deleted almost right after it ended, it almost looks
> as if it was deleted by the AutoExpirer.  Is this on a slave backend
> that was running out of hard drive space?  The AutoExpire code won't
> expire a recording that is in-progress, but it would immediately
> after the recording finished.

didn't think of this, but I just checked and the recording was set to
"No episode limit". It was a 2hr HD recording though, if that means
anything?

let me know if I should attach the full log.

--
Steve