[mythtv] Swapping from Inerlaced -> Progressive channels "Slow Motion"

Matthew Moore myth-mail at matt-sam.com
Thu Mar 9 09:12:49 UTC 2006

> It seems that David Asher is working a patch that would handle this
> perfectly for you.
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/188592#188592
>
> I don't know what to suggest in the interim, though...  :)
>
> Mike

Thanks for the speedy response Mike.

I had a read of the link provided above, and also looked at TRAC.  If I
understand it correctly, the patch will allow Myth to dynamically enable
or disable the Deinterlacer - a very useful patch indeed.  However if I
manually disable the Deinterlacer my problem still exists - as such I
think it's unrelated.

*I Think* my problem is more related to changing between interlaced and
progressive channels rather than the Deinterlacing of a progressive
picture.  For example - I can start my viewing on a progressive screen and
enjoy a perfect picture, change to 1080i channel fine, then if I change
back to progressive I get this slow motion effect.

Did I miss the point of the patch?

Cheers,

Matt.