[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r9305 - in trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv by danielk

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Thu Mar 9 12:14:49 UTC 2006

On Thursday 09 March 2006 00:56, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
> Fixes #744. Switch over to DVBSignalMonitor based channel scan from
> SIParser based.
>
> This may cause some problems in DVB land with the channel scan.

First off, nice work ... it seems to work better than the siparser based
scanning and is much more informative.

A few problems though, no doubt Stuart A or Janne will be able to discover the
exact reasons behind them but I'll give a users perspective on them.

For each transport I get the following error
"Timeout Scanning Transport ID 4102 -- no tables"
 although it appears to find the channels/tables just fine.

I also get the error:
"Found channel, but it doesn't match existing tsid. You may wish to delete
exis ...." (it disappears off-screen)

I get a lot of bogus channels being added, all of which follow the same
pattern:
Adding C2#5 0-0 as 2#5 on Transport ID 8200 (0)
Adding C2#6 0-0 as 2#6 on Transport ID 8200 (0)

Lastly I've noticed that it is duplicating all 6 multiplexes to the
dtv_multiplex table for every transport scanned. That's 42 duplicate
multiplexes added for each scan. Only the first, original, six are actually
used in the channel table, but then it isn't finding any new channels.
--
Stuart Morgan