[mythtv] Production and Dev environments

Erik Karlin e_karlin at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 9 15:43:21 UTC 2006

I trust this isn't a -users issue. I'm trying to test the upgrade from
my production 0.15.1 db to the current release. I have a full install
from atrpm of the current version, along with it's own db. The box
used to run as just a remote FE until the disk died, but it did start
out as a combined ME/FE. Since re-installing, I decided to go to the
current release to try it out and for timestretch alone the upgrade is
worth it. Currently, my prod box is debian, with a seperate mysql
server if it matters.

So, i've got my 0.15.1 (dbschema ver 1049) backup. I've also got a
standalone ME/FE running 0.19.1. My intention is to backup the .19 db,
drop and recreate mythconverg, and then load my .15 backup onto my .19
install, then run the backend and see how it goes.

My question is, what needs to change in the db config to allow me to do
this. I found the reference to MasterServerIP, and one reference to what
i'm thinking here:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/123556?search_string=MasterServerIP;#123556

Should I use LocalHostName in mysql.txt when I connect to this restored
db from it's FE once the upgrade is complete.

Of course, i wouldn't expect any problems, but still, going forward,
what process do the devs use to turn their production database into a
development database.

Thanks