[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r9305 - in trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Mar 9 15:51:33 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 12:14 +0000, Stuart Morgan wrote:

> For each transport I get the following error
> "Timeout Scanning Transport ID 4102 -- no tables"
>  although it appears to find the channels/tables just fine.
Hmm, this would indicate that it doesn't think it has found all the
channels on that transport. In HandleDVBDBInsertion(), waitingForTables
gets set to false once all the tables have been found, this message
should only be printed if we timeout before this variable is set.

But perhaps this isn't an error?

Is this only printed for transports where the MythTV scan does not
insert any channels?

> I also get the error:
> "Found channel, but it doesn't match existing tsid. You may wish to delete
> exis ...." (it disappears off-screen)
You should be able to scroll that window. The console message will provide
a little more info, but it is basically telling you that there are some
bogus dtv_multiplex entries and you should probably delete them and do a
full scan to get less bogus ones.

> I get a lot of bogus channels being added, all of which follow the same
> pattern:
> Adding C2#5 0-0 as 2#5 on Transport ID 8200 (0)
> Adding C2#6 0-0 as 2#6 on Transport ID 8200 (0)
This happens when it can't find any DVB/ATSC tables, but there are
programs listed in the MPEG PAT table. This is used to detect the
raw MPEG programs sent by most cable providers in the US. Have you
tried tuning to one of these channels?

> Lastly I've noticed that it is duplicating all 6 multiplexes to the
> dtv_multiplex table for every transport scanned. That's 42 duplicate
> multiplexes added for each scan. Only the first, original, six are actually
> used in the channel table, but then it isn't finding any new channels.
This may be related to that "Found channel..." message you saw earlier,
try deleting all the transports and starting over.

-- Daniel