[mythtv] backend deleted new recording "for no reason"

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 23:07:42 UTC 2006

On 3/9/06, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
> * On Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 05:03:56PM -0500, Steven Adeff wrote:
> > that would be a nice feature. Chris, did you get my email with the
> > log? where you able to glean anything from it? I'm hoping it never
> > happens again, or that it may have been some stupid user error on my
> > part, but now I'm curious =D
>
> Yeah, got the log but hadn't had a chance to look over it, but it turned out
> to be easier to dianose than I was thinking.
>
> Here's what happened.  Unfornately (for you), Myth did exactly as it was told to do.
>
> AutoExpire fired off at 22:00:40.777.
>
> 2006-03-08 22:00:40.777 AutoExpire: Running autoexpire, we want 3820 MB free, but only have 3544 MB.
>
> You have your AutoExpire set to order by "Lowest Recording Priority".
>
> 2006-03-08 22:00:40.781 MSqlQuery: SELECT recorded.chanid, starttime, endtime, title, subtitle,
>                                            description, hostname, channum, name, callsign, seriesid,
>                                            programid, recorded. recpriority, progstart, progend,
>                                            filesize, recgroup
>                                        FROM recorded
>                                        LEFT JOIN channel ON recorded.chanid = channel.chanid
>                                        WHERE autoexpire > 0
>                                        ORDER BY autoexpire DESC, recorded.recpriority ASC, starttime ASC
>
> These are the first two recordings it found with the lowest priority.
>
> 2006-03-08 22:00:40.782 MSqlQuery: SELECT basename FROM recorded WHERE chanid = '2007' AND starttime = '2006-01-10T07:47:39';
> 2006-03-08 22:00:40.783 AutoExpire: FillDBOrdered: Adding chanid 2007 @ Tue Jan 10 07:47:39 2006 to expire list
> 2006-03-08 22:00:40.784 MSqlQuery: SELECT basename FROM recorded WHERE chanid = '2838' AND starttime = '2006-03-08T20:00:00';
> 2006-03-08 22:00:40.785 AutoExpire: FillDBOrdered: Adding chanid 2838 @ Wed Mar 8 20:00:00 2006 to expire list
>
> Then after getting the full list of recordings which were allowed to AutoExpire, the Expirer
> started going through them trying to free up disk space.
>
> 2006-03-08 22:00:41.518 AutoExpire: SendDeleteMessages, cycling through expire list.
>
> The first recording in the list didnt' exist for some reason, so it could not be expired.
>
> 2006-03-08 22:00:41.519     Checking 2007 @ Tue Jan 10 07:00:00 2006
> 2006-03-08 22:00:41.527 AutoExpire: ERROR when trying to autoexpire file: /MythTV/tv/2007_20060110074739.mpg. File doesn't exist.  Database metadata will not be removed.
> 2006-03-08 22:00:41.528     CheckFile failed for 2007 @ Tue Jan 10 07:00:00 2006, unable to expire.
>
> The second recording in the expire list was the 2-hour America's Next Top Model special,
> so the expirer deleted it.
>
> 2006-03-08 22:00:41.529     Checking 2838 @ Wed Mar 8 20:00:00 2006
> 2006-03-08 22:00:41.529     Expiring: America's Next Top Model Wed Mar 8 20:00:00 2006 14687 MBytes
> 2006-03-08 22:00:41.530     After unlink we will have 18231 MB free.
>
> I'm guessing that this is the only recording you had with a recpriority of 0 and all your
> others are higher than 0.

> [...]

ah, i had it at a low priority so it would use my firewire card (since
its "broken" but works well enough) instead of my DVB card (Which was
being used for something "more important").  My drive is big enough,
600GB, I've got recordings from the beginning of February still, many
of which, while at a higher priority, should have been deleted first
except for I have the setting wrong!

So I'm in the TV Playback settings now and changed it to Oldest Show First.

Thanks for figureing this for me!
p.s. I don't record American Chopper, but the g/f (has me) records
American Idol and America's Next Top Model. Gives me time to read
email and provides a little eye candy ;-)

--
Steve