[mythtv] DVB/H.264 Video in MythTV - a couple of patches

Mark Buechler mark.buechler at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 15:41:02 UTC 2006

My interest right now lies in getting Myth to recognize the stream properly.
My knowledge isn't broad enough to tackle the XvMC stuff. I have no doubt
XvMC will be a requirement down the road considering the CPU overhead
required to decode such a stream in HD resolutions.

Daniel, when you say that later SVN versions have more of what's needed, can
you elaborate? In .19 I think all that's needed are a few bits to get the
backend to recognize the stream (my previous bits) and more bits to get the
frontend to recognize it. After I figure out all those bits I can port the
patch to SVN but right now .19 is much more stable for me.

- Mark.